Bringing Baby Home Workshops
"The greatest gift you can give your child is a strong relationship between the two of you."
John Gottman, PhD
Join Evonne Noble and Brien Wood, MA LMHC for a workshop that will prepare you for your new baby, drastically improve the quality of your relationship, and become be the best parenting team possible!
About the workshop
For Couples Considering Parenthood, Pregnant Couples & Parents of Infants and Toddlers
In a relaxed and supportive environment we will help lay the foundation upon which you can build a solid relationship, feel confident of your parenting skills, and be prepared for your baby's development.
Developed by the renowned relationship and parenting researchers Dr. John Gottman and Julie Gottman, this workshop will help you build a nurturing home environment, develop positive conflict regulation skills, and become powerful team emotion coaches for your children.
Learn Parenting & Relationship Skills for a Lifetime of Love!
Learn how to:
- Stay connected with your partner even in difficult times
- Strengthen your friendship, intimacy, & conflict regulation skills
- Identify what baby is communicating and how to respond
- Learn what the research shows is the most effective parenting style & practice how to do it
- Recognize the signs of baby blues, postpartum depression, & what to do about it
- Deal with conflict successfully
- Involve both parents in the parenting
When, where, how much, and how do I register?
One option is to host a BBH workshop in your home:
- We will work with you coordinate dates and times convenient to you for a total of twelve workshop hours; these could be during the evening or on weekends.
- Your registration is free for hosting and recruiting at least three other couples to attend.
We are also offering the following classes in 2013:
- BBH Session A: A twelve hour, two day workshop taking place on on a Saturday/Sunday weekend, from 9am-5pm with a 90 minute break for lunch. Dates: June 15-16.
- BBH Session B: A twelve hour, two day workshop taking place on on a Saturday/Sunday weekend, from 9am-5pm with a 90 minute break for lunch. Dates: August 24-25.- CANCELED - we will replace this with a September class if there is enough interest.
- BBH Session C: A twelve hour, two day workshop taking place on on a Saturday/Sunday weekend, from 9am-5pm with a 90 minute break for lunch. Dates: October 12-13.
- BBH Online Session: A twelve hour online workshop where you choose the schedule. Course cost is $400, materials additional. "Homework" required between sessions.
- Private Psycho-education Customized Sessions: We can also customize the Gottman material to meet your interests and needs. You would just pay hourly for private psycho-education sessions as an abbreviated form of the class. For this option the cost is a sliding scale rate of $60-$300/hour.
- All classes are held in Seattle, site TBD based on class size.
- The cost is $200 per couple for course fees* and an additional optional fee of $40 for take home materials.
- Microsoft employees: your course fees can be covered through your EAP; please contact us for details. There is an additional fee of $40 if you would like to have your own course materials, otherwise we have a set that you can use during the workshop.
- Scholarships, student rates, and sliding scale options available for a few spots at each workshop; please contact us to apply.
- There is room for 6-10 couples at each workshop but we need at least 4 couples to register in order to hold each class. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive registration information and reserve your space.
- If you have an infant, please feel free to bring him/her to the class if you like. This has worked well for parents at our past workshops though it may take some juggling. We will have a break/rest space adjacent to the workshop area for you and baby. You are also welcome to find childcare; please do what is best for you.
- Brien Wood will lead approximately a quarter of the course material, specifically the sections that focus on conflict regulation and expressing needs. Evonne Noble will lead the remainder of the course, including presenting the course foundations as established by the Gottman research and leading many of the couple's skill building activities.
*online course and customized courses are higher